Ed's Special Blog

I'm a Senior at Wilbur Cross in New Haven, CT. I can't wait to get out either. Most of the stuff I say is pointless but it's fun to write anyway so let me know what you think.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Shabbaton

ShabbatonSpring Regional was awesome this weekend. The program was great and the younger kids really got into it. I raked in massive amounts of awards. The youth commission Israel Scholarship and got inducted into Ben Tzion. I'm still really confused about how I feel afterwards though. I've been trying to sort out the bazillion emotions running through me right now and I think this is the best way to do it.

Sad- Leaving is hard. NCSY has been such a great experience for me. I've grown and changed so much and it was mostly because of NCSY and the people involved. I also feel like I haven't gained as much from recent NCSY experiences but thats partially my fault.

Happy- I'm really happy cause people were upset I was leaving. That may sound retarded but to know that people actually like you that much and will miss you that much is a nice feeling.

Accomplished- I know that what I've said and done have affected people. Like I said the kids were really into it. I actually knew everyone there and I think most of them will come back. The chapter has also gotten huge and I've been able to do that myself and overcome lots of obstacles in the way.

Pissed- Most of the people who changed me aren't there anymore and I wish they were. I don't know who I'm mad at, probably noone but I wish they still could have been there. I also did something really stupid which I shouldn't have and I'm mad at myself for that.

I have to drop a line to everyone who's been there for me along the way. I love all of you guys. I can't wait to graduate and move on but I'll never forget these times.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said…

    ill never forget them either ed. we've got the rest of our lives ahead of us now. lets do this together.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Devora:-) said…

    I am so, so proud of you. XOXO

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Dani B. said…

    I told tonny the same thing: don't get too beat up about NCSY being over; it isn't! you're gonna be back as an advisor before you know it.

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Hinda said…

    Ed, you're awesome (yes, I am saying it again). I am so glad that we keep in touch and if you lose contact with me when you are in Israel...you're going to pay. BIGTIME.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home